Finished the beret.

This isn’t supposed to be Linda’s hat, but she started trying to put her head into it while I was still crocheting it, so I went ahead & let her act as model.

This is the Wed, 5 Apr 06 pattern, Beret, designed by Dorothy Matthews. I want to be very, very clear on whose design it is. It’s a very cute hat, & I only made a couple of changes on the fly–I never do the join with a slipstitch thing, since I find it leaves holes, & so I didn’t do the ch-3 at the beginning (odd that she doesn’t consider it the first stitch, like 99% of other patterns do). The directions for the C-Bobbles also didn’t make much sense to me, so I muddled through them on my own & probably wound up doing something else altogether. Still, any pattern I make fewer than five changes to is wonderful in my book, LOL.

I will take pity on anyone else who wants to make this & give a gauge, since the pattern lacks one. I used the K hook the pattern called for & worsted weight yarn (plain ol’ Read Heart) & got a gauge of 6 rows and 11 DC all equalling 4 inches. Though it’s on my daughter in the photo, it’s stretchy enough that it fits me as well, & I’ve got a 24″ head.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s