I made a scarf. Yes, a scarf. But it was for a good cause:
I made Linda a scarf for her birthday. I didn’t take a separate picture of the project by itself, apparently, so you’re stuck with the photo from her birthday party.
I used Wool-Ease, which I’d bought years ago for a totally different project. I think it works better this way, though. The hat is from the same yarn, with another yarn that I think is a cashmere blend, but again it’s so old the label is missing, used for trim. (You can see it in the flower.)
Both hat & scarf were made from the same skein, with a tiny bit left over. Not bad, not bad at all. I made the scarf in a manner similar to Mile-a-Minute Afghans, which is to say I worked down the chain, then back up the other side of it, with extra stitches in the “end” chains. It’s essentially worked in rounds. Not terribly original, but still better than the typical back-and-forth you find in scarves.