Pattern’s up.

The pattern for the hat in yesterday’s post is up over at my pattern blog: http://sabraspatterns.wordpress.com/2009/06/12/summer-hat/

It’s a very quick project, and even though it’s shown on a three-year-old, it fit even my big-headed middle daughter (and my big-headed oldest daughter).

It’s also easily modifiable to an adult hat–just add in another increase round, and probably two or three more even rounds.

Here’s a photo of the back:

Sorry for the suckitudinous nature of this photo.  I was having problems with my camera for some odd reason.

The pattern for the increase part of the hat shows as a sort of star.  It took me a while to figure out the best way to increase in a circle with chain spaces.  I don’t know why it took me so long; it’s not exactly a unique thing to do.  But I am glad to have figured it out on my own.

This is a pretty chunky hat because of the yarn used.  It’s Berella 4, which I got a butt ton of last year when it was on clearance for 99¢ a skein at Michaels.  I think I spent about $20 on Berella 4 yarn.

I asked Ro yesterday if she wanted a hat, and let her pick out the yarn.  I need to hurry up and make something for the other two!  But first I have those dolls to make for charity.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s